- We are deeply committed to protection your personal data and ensuring the availability, confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION? “Personal information” is any information about an individual that can directly or indirectly distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, associate or link an individual to private information, distinguish one person from another, or be used to re-identify anonymous data. Personal information is also known as Personal Data, Private Information, or Personally Identifiable Information. In some instances, organization (business) information is also considered personal information. This information may be stored both electronically and in physical documents. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, first name and last name, email address, date of birth, billing address, shipping address, payment details, IP address, and other similar information. Amorim Fine Violins Cremona describes the Personal Information we collect in the sections below. If your place of resident is other than the European Union, please contact us for further information.
- PRIVACY PRINCIPLES Amorim Fine Violins Cremona is committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information. We maintain physical, technological and administrative safeguards to protect Personal Information. Only authorized employees and approved contractors, including but not limited to consultants, are permitted to have access to some or all Personal Information as needed. Amorim Fine Violins Cremona practices data minimization, meaning our intention is only to collect personal information essential for provision and improvement of our services and products. Further, our retention and destruction practices keep Personal Information only as long as needed. Amorim Fine Violins Cremona supports your data access rights related to Personal Information and provides multiple ways for you to exercise those rights.
- IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, you may not be able to use our services and we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- CHANGE OF PURPOSE We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS AND THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION INFORMATION The General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR” (a privacy law applicable to consumers residing in the European Economic Area) grants our clients and website visitors the below rights:
(a) Right of access. You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is processed, and, to request access to the Personal Information.
(b) Right to correct or update. You have the right to correct or update inaccurate Personal Information about you.
(c) Right to restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information. In such instances, your Personal Information may only be processed by us for limited purposes.
(d) Right to object. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the use or processing of your Personal Information where we no longer have a legitimate or legal need to process it; to object to your Personal Information being processed for direct marketing purposes; and object to automated decision making (including profiling) where the decision would have a legal or similarly significant impact on you.
(e) Right to data portability. Under certain circumstances, you have a right to receive a copy of your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a machine-readable format and the right to transmit that Personal Information for use in another party’s service.
(f) Right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that your Personal Information be erased. Some Personal Information may be in backup archives and/or must be retained for legal or compliance reasons. We may require that you verify your identity to the exercise of any of these rights. Under certain circumstances, and in the event of a data breach involving your Personal Information that is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms, we are required to notify the applicable supervisory authority within 72 hours after becoming aware of such a breach.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall protected) servers. And we have implemented physical access restrictions for our data centres and authorization controls for data access as part of our information security management system.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances: We primarily use your personal information to:
- Enter into a contract with you.
- Register you in our website and send orders tracking.
- Customize your online experiences and to carry out your online requests.
- Tell you about our products, promotions and events.
- Send you our newsletter.
- Contact you for a variety of reasons, such as providing you promotional or marketing information for our products or those of our affiliated companies.
- Communicate with you about your order.
- In certain instances, we may also share your personally identifiable information with our third-party vendors and marketing partners that, among other activities: perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our affiliated companies); administer our offerings; provide us marketing or promotional assistance; analyse our data; assist us with customer service; and offer other services and products that may be relevant to the purchase or sale of our instruments. Our vendors agree to use this information, and we share information with them, only to carry out our requests.
- On occasion, we use your identification information to validate your identity.
- Help analyse site traffic, understand customer needs and trends.
- Carry out targeted promotional activities.
- DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may also from time to time however need to disclose your personal information to certain third parties:
- Agents or Contractors of Amorim Fine Violins Cremona We may need to disclose certain personal information to our Agents or Contractors to enable Amorim Fine Violins Cremona to process transactions or communicate with you. Where we do so it will be on the basis that these agents/contractors are required to keep the information confidential and secure, and will not use the information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Amorim Fine Violins Cremona.
- Legal Disclosures While we will not voluntarily disclose your personal information we may disclose such information if we are required to do so by a law enforcement bodies, regulators, tax agencies or third parties under a legal requirement or valid court order, if we are lawfully requested by government or law enforcement authorities, if we are required to do so pursuant to other legal processes, or if it becomes necessary to protect the rights or property of Amorim Fine Violins Cremona. Agents or Contractors of Amorim Fine Violins Cremona.
- We may also employ the services of third-party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, physical security, marketing and market research. Where third party service providers receive your information we will remain responsible for the use of your personal information. We take appropriate steps to ensure that such third parties treat your Personal Information with the same consideration that we do.
- any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Amorim Fine Violins Cremona. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. We maintain a retention procedure which we apply to records in our care. In all cases, where your information is no longer required we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner and, where required by applicable law, we will notify you when such information has been disposed of. In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.